In Feel Fabulous, we have a host of community activities to keep our members immersed in this lifestyle. One of our favorite activities is the live cooking demo we have every month where we get to chat with the guest chef, learn new recipes, and get inspiration on what to eat for the week ahead.
Today, we’re sharing with you a cooking demo by Petra Korn who regularly contributes recipes to Feel Fabulous. In this cooking demo, she shows how easy it is to prepare two tasty dishes – watermelon salad and banana split.
And of course, you’ll get the recipes so that you can try them at home! (See below for the recipes)
Total cook time: 20-30 minutes
Roasting time: approx. 20 minutes
Number of servings: 2-4
A refreshing (summer) salad which is also a party favorite.
- 1 small/medium size watermelon
- 1/2 –1 cup cucumber
- Fresh mint
- Handful arugula
- 1/2 cup (canned) chickpeas*
- 1 lime (juice and zest)
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
1. Drain the can of chickpeas – dry and roast in the air fryer or oven at 400F for about 20 minutes – or until golden brown and crispy. Keep 1/2 cup for the salad and store the rest for a snack or salad and use at a later time.
2. Cut the bottom off the watermelon and then peel the watermelon. Cut into cubes and place into a bowl.
3. Thinly slice the fresh mint and add to the watermelon.
4. Wash and cube the cucumber – then add to the watermelon and mint.
5. Zest the lime over the bowl and then juice the lime and add to the bowl.
6. Add the handful of arugula and pomegranate seeds, and mix.
7. Serve immediately and enjoy!
*This is optional – you could also omit or cut small cubes from a potato and roast them until browned, crisp and crunchy.
Prep time: 15-20 minutes (+ approx. 60 minutes baking time for Hannah Yam)
Number of servings: 1-2
This is an easy, quick and delicious version of the traditional banana split – enjoy when the sweet craving hits.
- 1-2 bananas
- 1 cup frozen peaches*
- 1/2 cup previously baked Hannah yam
- 1/3 cup strawberries sliced
- 1/3 blackberries
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1 tablespoon homemade granola or toasted oats
1. Preheat the oven at 400F then pierce the Hannah Yam with a fork and bake it for about 60 minutes – or until super soft. Let it cool completely then peel.
2. Add the frozen peaches and the Hannah Yam to a blender – blend with a little plant milk until smooth and creamy. This is our peach cream.
3. Place the frozen raspberries in a small pot with a little water, cinnamon and vanilla powder and cook it – stir frequently. Let it cool.
4. In the meantime, peel 1 banana and cut in half lengthwise. Place banana halves in a shallow bowl.
5. Add a few berries to the bottom of the bowl, between banana slices. Top with the peach cream and sprinkle with remaining berries and granola. Top with warm raspberry compote.
6. Serve immediately and enjoy!
*You can also use pineapple, papaya or other fruit you like.
Start Feeling Fabulous Today!
No matter your age or how long you’ve struggled with your weight, you deserve to feel fabulous! Join us for $1 and see if Feel Fabulous is the tribe for you. Click here for more details on what you get when you sign up!